Hi friends ! often we run for our appointments during the day and a lot of them have to do with our professional life – reach office on time, attend meetings on time, meet deadlines etc. Professionalism commands punctuality! Being punctual communicates a lot about our character!
It says that…
- You care. Showing up on time is one of the best ways to show someone that you care about him.
- You respect others. Arriving on time shows that you respect others. Respect is the foundation for creating great long-term relationships.
- You are professional. Being on time is fundamental for anyone who wants to be perceived as being the very best.
- You are confident. Showing up on time, it's a sign that you are confident to take on whatever might lay before you. Tardiness can imply that you aren't confident, or that you are hesitating to deal with a person or situation.
- You are open to others. Punctuality says, "I'm ready" -- to be involved with whatever is set before you. People who aren't ready often show up late or not at all.
- You have an edge. Being punctual gives you an edge in business. The early bird truly does get the worm. Timing is everything. Being punctual is great; being early is even better!
- You're in control. People choose to do business with those they like, know, and trust. They like doing business with people who are in control. If you always arrive early or on time, you give the impression that you are in control and manage things well.
- You have a standard for excellence. Punctuality is but one standard of excellence. It implies that you are in control of your life and shows that you respect yourself and others.
- You keep things in flow. Other people are affected by what you do and don't do. If you don't show up or deliver as promised, you adversely affect others. By showing up on time, you allow other people to get things done on time as well. Everybody wins.
- Punctuality is a way to make a positive personal impact.