You can follow the following 8 tips to protect yourself from swine flu or H1N1 virus
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. The virus can spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Reduce the time spent in crowded settings if possible
- improve airflow in your living space by opening windows
- practise good health habits including adequate sleep, eating nutritious food, and keeping physically active.
Now, you know almost everything you need to know about Swine flu on a basic level. If you don't know, then you can read the posts in related posts section below this post. But, the best thing you can do is, even if you think you are infected or not, don’t get scared, don’t panic. It is a curable disease and everyday hundreds are getting cured pretty normally.