AR Rahman gets 2 Oscars for Slumdog's music

Los Angeles: India’s dream run at the Oscars has begun. Filmmaker Danny Boyle's rags-to-riches romance set in India, Slumdog Millionaire, won six Oscar awards for best original song, original score, sound mixing, editing, adapted screenplay and cinematography. The film has received 10 Oscar nominations.“I want to thank everyone. The essence of the film is optimism and hope. All through my life I had the choice of love and hate…I chose love and I am here,” an elated Rahman said.Resul Pookutty, who won the Oscar for best sound mixing, along with Ian Tapp and Richard Pryke said, “I dedicate this award to my country. This is not just an award, it is history.”Smile Pinki, a 39-minute short film in Hindi and Bhojpuri, directed by Emmy-nominated producer Megan Mylan won the best documentary short subject Oscar

0 comments: